1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

how many

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by chickencarsten, Dec 13, 2008.

1. chickencarsten

chickencarsten Out Of The Brooder

Dec 8, 2008
    ipswich massachusetts
    how many baby chicks can you get at once?[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:confused:

2. Rusty Hills Farm

Rusty Hills Farm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 3, 2008
    Up at the barn
    It all depends on what the hatchery has available. Most hatcheries do have a box that hold 100 chicks, so it is theoretically possible to order as many boxes of 100 as you want. The only limitation is how many chicks the hatchery actually has available at this time of year. The standard box sizes are 25, 50, and 100, I believe, although a few hatcheries will sell fewer than 25. My suggestion would be to call the hatchery and see what they have available and when they'll have them.

[​IMG]

3. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    As many as you want (most the min order is 25, some companys you can just get a few)!!! And you know you want like 500 !!!!

Good luck !!

4. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    Or is this a challenge like how many ___s can you fit in your mouth at once?

I'm a wuss. I don't think I could handle anywhere near 100. Maybe 25 max. Not that my husband would be thrilled.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by