how much do white silkies go for?

It depends on where you live and if they are hatchery birds or not
Edited to say: I bought silkie chicks from a breeder for $15 each, the adults are more

Last edited:
ALL depends on quality. If they are hatchery non show birds, sell them for $10-$15. If they are show quality birds it can range from $20-$200.

I just sold a 7 week old pair of White (Pullet & Roo) for $15. They were not hatchery stock but by no means were they SQ either. Nice looking birds
smile.png

Also watch out for breeders who claim to have show quality stock. It's better to read the standards and then judge what your about to buy yourself. You may get lucky and get a good pair of silkies for cheap but majority of the time that's not the case. Expect to pay good money for quality silkies. The term show quality is used loosely today. Silkies can technically be show quality yet can be very ugly.

I paid 150 for my pair and 250 for my serama pair and I got mine because I saw ribbons and photos of the parents so I felt 150 was fair

Last edited:
I had my feed and seed store order 6 day old PQ chicks. They cost under $35, with shipping. Three months later, all 6 are healthy and growing into pretty birds.

Back
Top Bottom