how much do you charge for your eggs?

Hi there ! I charge $2.50 a doz. for my brown eggs. I don't size them. They get a mixture of small , med. large and Jumbo. I had a few complaints but then I told them that if I had to size them I would have to charge four different prices and that would be silly. amc from california

we get $1.50 here in se iowa.

and as for the cartons, when i start to run low, i put an ad in 2 of the local papers. one is free, the other costs .20 a word. i usualy put something like "wanted your empty egg cartons! will give a doz. eggs for 12 or more cartons! phone #" i now have people that call me when they have cartons saved up. and they call me to buy eggs also.

$1.25 a dozen
smile.png

Wow what a range in prices,, so I am in Wisconsin, we raise both chickens (wide variety) and ducks, so now I have a better idea on price. I do have a question for anyone who might know the answer, just this morn I found blood in my chickens stool. Any ideas what medicine I should use.
hmm.png

$3/dozen unsized - I looked around at what others in town charge and did likewise. Because of my mix of birds there are usually 2 brown bantam eggs from my Mille Fleur d'Uccles, 2 large brown eggs from my Wyandottes and the rest are white from my Andalusians in each dozen.
I want to get some Marans and/or EEs as my marketing research indicates that people really like the variety of colors. I am pretty excited that there is the market for me to get double what eggs sell for in the market, but my neighbors see that my birds are happy, healthy free-range birds and know that my eggs are always less than a few days old. IMO that adds value and by the consensus of this thread, lots of people agree!

Hi,
I charge $2.00 to some older folks that are on limlited income.
$3.00 generally
When my daughter takes some to work at the hospital, the nurses pay $5.00
We donate about one third of our eggs to the local food bank.
We have 50 hens.
It all works out..
smile.png

And we have so much fun with the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom