How much do you love your duck?

I've had my ducks for about 2 weeks. I love them! It's so cute watching them in the small pool. but they sure are a messy bunch! The first one is of Daffy's first swim. I got the others and him going into a small pool a few days ago
91528_rosehill-gantt-20110606-00122.jpg

91528_duckies.jpg

91528_duckies2.jpg

91528_duckies3.jpg

I sit outside and watch my ducks every morning. They are like calming meditation to me. Love them! I honestly did not realize how much I was going to love having ducks. We hatched them as a school project (we home school) and THOUGHT they were going to go back and live on the farm but I fell in love and so did my children. Now we have 4 ducks in the yard we are trying to keep a secret! LOL Three are female and they are loud!!!

I snuggle with them and they fight it but I calmly explain to them how much I love them and how they are going to like snuggling with me if they would just stop fighting it!!
lau.gif

Yes...I would say unhinged!!! I know my friends think I am nuts. First we decided to home school and now I have ducks in the yard...what's next??
idunno.gif

Quote:
Lol...I know...because when we hit 100 degrees,I was doing the same thing...giving ducks a shower while wiping sweat off my brow! But THEY were cooled off
lol.png

Haha the only reason i got my duckies is because a wild wondered into our yard and got bite by my dog.. Well unfortunaly i poisned her with aspen i think shaveings.
hit.gif
But my dad felt really bad because he bought the shaveings.So we ran to the the RURAL (lol dont know why i said it like that)atwoods. and here i am 2day with 2 of the loveiest ducks in the world and the duck devil lol!
wee.gif

My four little call ducks are the centre of my universe. They are terrified of thunderstorms, so the minute there is a thunderstorm I throw on my waterproofs and go sit outside on the grass with them. They all huddle under my legs until it's over. If the storm is in the middle of the night, I put my waterproofs on over my pjs and run out and sit next to the hut and sing to them. They are totally worth it. They are worth the world!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
hahahaha mine totally Love rain! they like to hid behind
hide.gif
me though because of "hawks" they are really just birds lol.

Similar to Priss, I have gone out in the wee hours of the night, crawled into the duck house and sung to my duckies during bad storms.

I bring them into the basement storm shelter if it's below freezing or we have a tornado watch or similar bad storm coming.

I sing to them every night - a song I composed just for them.

I pick some of them up and cuddle them. A few don't seem to mind.

I grab a trowel and turn compost over so they can get more worms.

I gather slugs and give them to the ducks.

Yup, true confessions - right here on BYC.

I get all snuggled in with my ducks at night and watch some tv. Of course with a towel over me so I dont get covered in poo. They just stretch out and relax. Of course they are only 2 1/2 weeks old. But for now its the routine.
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom