How much do you love your duck?

Quote:
Exactly what i do lol mine fall asleep!

Did the same thing when my 2 were younger and now they are about 11 weeks and still like to cuddle with me everynight
smile.png
We sit together on the couch and watch tv all night till bed time.
They are indoor ducks so they have the run of my place and have diapers and everything. They are pretty jealous right now though because i got 3 more ducklings monday i am having to share their time with now since they are to young to all get along lol. Also it is weird when your ducks like to shower with you?
tongue.png
lol If mine are out and running around and i decided to take a shower they jump right in with me. Scares me everytime cause i never expect it lol. They even get baths twice a day and still do it lol.

When I first got Booger, she was days old and all alone. I had just gotten chicks three days before for the first time ever, but I researched and prepared for chickens. DBF brought her home thinking she was a goose, and that we would eat her for the holidays. I spent one day taking care of her and told him that this thing was my baby, and would spend the rest of it's natural life as my baby, and would die a natural death upon a satin pillow.

She freaked out if she couldn't see me, so I rearranged my life to make things easier on her lol. I would get up at the crack of dawn and sit outside with her in the back yard. She would play and swim and explore, but all within sight of me. Then she would come back and sleep on top of my foot. When the heat and the sun cooked me to death, I would take her inside with me in a hamster cage. Moved her around to whatever room I was in.

I even wore a jacket with giant pockets so that I could take her with me to the store and the bank lol.

i don't have running water here. i have a well. and we don't have a pomp either. i get the water out by hand. 10 liters at a time (3+gallons). so, look at me, before 9am i already got out from the well 140 liters of water. all for my ducks, to drink and to take baths. `i just love them. (today i will count how many buckets of water i get out from the well during a day)

Hi iam just new 2 here so i dk whare 2 post stuff but any way...
I rescued 4 mallard duck eggs from being washed away by the tide since the mum laid them when it was out. I took them home and put them on a heat pad thing. On day 7 i saw veins. The heat pad was getting a little dodgy so i am now heating them in a brooder with a heat lamp. its now day 20 the veins went away a few days after i saw them. so they are no there any more, iam worried cuz i can smell a sea kinda smel not like rotten egg . a was wondering what ur soposed to se at day 20
Thnks
smile.png

Well I never knew I was a duck person...I always thought of myself as a dog person...until my boyfriend and I bought a house in the country with 4.5 acres and a pond. We moved in and 2 weeks later he surprised me with three little "Blue Swedish" ducklings for my birthday. Well we lost Little Mallory the second day to an unfortunate drowning in a shallow tuperware dish...DBF did not realize they could not be left in water that young and let the three play in the 2 or 3 inches of water...being that Mallory was the littlest..the other two must have used her as a stepping stool to get out of the water and she became water logged and and drowned. My DBF found her 20 minutes after leaving them. The saddest part is that this was my actual birthday and I just cried for hours! We burried her the next morning and planted a beautiful plant above her.
On a happier note..my other two are 7.5 weeks old now and low and behold...agway can screw up once and a while! Henry who I thought was a male has turned out to be a female Blue Swedish with the deepest loudest quack! While Victoria...who is now known as Victor...turned out to be a sweet little Rouen Drake..we believe! Victor lays on his back in my lap and just gets cozy! My daughter and I make them strawberry and spinach salad every night! Unhinged is an understatement!
94367_20110614204051.jpg

Here they are when they were just 3 or 4 days old
94367_20110428120254-1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom