How Much Does NPIP, Certification, & Testing Cost In Michigan?

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
Not sure if this the correct forum for posting this.

I'm planning on shipping eggs to other people who live outside of Michigan sometime in the future, & would like to know how much the testing would cost if there is a cost at least.
I did contact the people who do the testing on their site asking about the cost, but never got a reply back.
If there's anybody here that's had their bird's tested in Michigan, the info you share will be very helpful.

Testers don't have a set fee and it varies from person to person and can vary by how they set their fees. Some have flat fees others charge by size of flock and some charge for distance they must travel.
You will need to find a list of testers and contact them to ask.
State certification in michigan is $300 for the initial year. That's on top of the testers fee.

Testers don't have a set fee and it varies from person to person and can vary by how they set their fees. Some have flat fees others charge by size of flock and some charge for distance they must travel.
You will need to find a list of testers and contact them to ask.
State certification in michigan is $300 for the initial year. That's on top of the testers fee.
$300 is like half of my monthly payments I receive.

Well $300 is only the first year then it drops to $125 per year.
You gonna sell red jungle fowl eggs?

Well $300 is only the first year then it drops to $125 per year.
You gonna sell red jungle fowl eggs?
No, why?
I was planning on selling mixed breeds, & some project chicken eggs someday.

First year being $300 doesn't seem to bad, dropping down to $125 is better.
In Alabama getting your birds NPIP Certified only costs $10.

No, why?
I was planning on selling mixed breeds, & some project chicken eggs someday.
I saw you seem to be set with the idea those new birds are RJF.
Honestly the majority of the time you've been dead wrong with what you call your birds from a breed and /or variety standpoint.
As soon as I saw the mention of selling hatching eggs I that Oh lord there's gonna be a lot of upset buyers out there when they purchase eggs and the chicks end up being something other then what they were told.
I think it is very wise to sell eggs as "mixed breed" and "project birds".

I saw you seem to be set with the idea those new birds are RJF.
Honestly the majority of the time you've been dead wrong with what you call your birds from a breed and /or variety standpoint.
As soon as I saw the mention of selling hatching eggs I that Oh lord there's gonna be a lot of upset buyers out there when they purchase eggs and the chicks end up being something other then what they were told.
I think it is very wise to sell eggs as "mixed breed" and "project birds".
I haven't been "dead wrong" on anything. Plus you being mean towards me doesn't help anybody, except make you feel good about yourself. Somebody already confirmed my birds are indeed Red JungleFowl, but is unsure about subspecies. They've been very helpful, & nice to me about it. I'm not mentioning name(s).

I understand there's no getting through to you about anything once you have something in your head but yes you have been dead wrong about a lot.
Those pullets aren't RJF, that muffed chick wasn't a muffed gamefowl, your one chick is indeed mottled not pied or a tuxedo. And the list goes on including several times you get mixed breeds and get convinced they're some pure breed.
Just because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they're being mean. You disagree with me all the time but I don't try to turn it into saying you're mean to me.
I'm not the type of person that treats people badly and gets joy out of it.
If anything you sadden me. It is sad that someone seems to enjoy chicken breeding and genetics as much as you do but are so misguided and stubburn to actually learn.
I've answer several questions for you including this post. Doesn't sound like I'm just here to be mean to you.

Back
Top Bottom