How much does your family spend on food?

We are a family of 4, I spend on average $300 a month on food. However we buy most of our meats when Piggly wiggly has thier big sale once a month, and have it cut there. I also canned alot from the garden ect.

Wow, I thought we spent a TON but apparenlty we're about average.

We spend about $600-$700 a month, family of 4, and it includes the dog and cat, also includes non-food items, and clothing. (we shop at walmart 2 x a month and buy almost everything there)

coupon mom.com they will do all the comparing of sales and coupon matching by your state. its free to join and is good after you learn to navigate there site
Quote:

Thank you!
smile.png

33.00 A MONTH that is all I can afford. no more money be cutting phone and computer off shortly and this is for a family of 4

Last edited:
Quote:
Make sure you go to your local Sams as a visitor before you sign up. I can save on some things but for the most part you can find better deals at other places. I am not sure I will renew mine it is $35 a year for my membership, not sure that it is worth it. Just a thought.
big_smile.png

We finally got approved for food stamps two months ago and they are giving my family of 5, $465 per month.
And we eat pretty darn good on that. Last month I did a huge shopping and spent $300 in one trip, stocking my two freezers in my barn for the month. It worked out well, I still had another weeks worth of meat in the freezer on the first of the next month, and I will probably continue to do it.

Also check out www.hillbillyhousewife.com

There are two menu's there for feeding your family on a shoestring, a $70 a week regular menu and a $45 a week emergency menu.
I love the site!

Also, Angel Food Ministries. We are trying to find a way to take advantage of this as they accept food stamps but there is no chapter in Rhode Island so we're working on finding a source in MA or CT that will help us.

Back
Top Bottom