How much fed should 18 chicks eat

chick_magnet

Songster
9 Years
May 25, 2010
I have rir and black sex link. The go through a 50 pound inabout two week. Does that seem normal or maybe rat and other animalmight be eating their feed. They are about ten weeks now.

My 22 chicks went through 50#'s in one week last go around. They wasted so much scratching and billing it out!

BUT Thank the Good Lord as of Wednesday we are in the Summer Coop/Run and have a new hanging feeder with dividers...they are actually eating all that I put out! My husband has all the materials to make a larger Rubbermaid/PVC feeder so more birds can get up to the feed...he returns home Sunday so hopefully before he leaves town again on Thursday he will have it all put together...will hold 50#'s of feed so no need for storage which will save space. The hanging feeder will go into the Winter Coop when we get the shed remodeled.

My six have almost finished off their first 50# after about 8 weeks, but they get supplemented with kitchen scraps and/or scratch grains and weeds most days, which cuts down on the feed use quite a bit. So if you're not feeding scraps/scratch, that sounds about right for 18 birds.

Back
Top Bottom