How much is your electric bill this month?

$60 for electricity- that's with an electric heater in the coop. Add another $100 for the gas heat and hot water. I'm fortunate to live in an area that has (usually) a pretty mild climate. I know people that only use heat Nov-March. Not me, I like my house at about 73 when I'm at home. Also my house is small only about 1100sf.

We run in the $300 range. However, that is for our house, the water pump for two houses, the electric fences, and barns. No propane for us unfortunately. We have been using our fireplace a lot, but it only heats the main parts of the house.

I am on even billing with Duke Energy $196.00 a month year round .
Well the year is up and I owe got the bill Saturday $799.04 that I owe by the 12th of January .
Years past I usually had credit.
The little cabin in the woods sounds real nice!

I forgot the bators...we have 2-3 bators running too
roll.png

Our last electic bill was $67. I think the highest it has been since I moved into this house was $85.

I am picky about turning lights off when you leave a room, etc. I drive my husband crazy! I have CFLs in most of the house, use cold water to wash most of our clothes, put plastic over the windows, and close off parts of the house we don't use instead of heating the whole thing. We have fuel oil heat, but I try to keep it set around 62 (DH like to turn it up on me, though!). We're really looking forward to moving out of this cold, drafty rental house soon, though. The new house has an outdoor woodburner and I'll sure be glad to be rid of that fuel oil bill!

We run in the $300 range.

I am on even billing with Duke Energy $196.00 a month year round .
Well the year is up and I owe got the bill Saturday $799.04 that I owe by the 12th of January

ep.gif
....hmmmm $225.10.....
duc.gif

Ohh I dream of solar panels...(all starry eyed looking fer off).....​

Back
Top Bottom