How much is your electric bill this month?

i live on the top of a hill in a wide open field, oh how I wish I could afford a wind turbine.
fl.gif

TheChickenLady
We will be installing our woodstove this summer need to save some $$$ for the triple wall stuff DH says it's expensive. We had one in our old home and loved it our bill was like $66 in the winter.
We have plenty of wood for a stove."

Yes, without a doubt the triple wall pipe can be expensive, I have an idea, look up the local "RE-STORE " in your area.

http://www.habitat.org/env/restores.aspx

Many of the items sold there are new and donated by local builders - I buy almost all of my hardware there that I use on my ranch.

Ours was $90. It was $220 a year ago. We installed a wood stove insert and it sure has helped!
We are on equal pay, which is great because you know what to expect each month on your bill. no surprises.

4400sq foot house, about 600 a month in heating and cooling. We don't have gas or propane, so that's also our cooking and all other electricty needs. Set at 62 for the winter and 78 for summer. Note though, hour day highs rarely go over 80 so cooling isn't normally an issue. Sadily, beause of a loser freeloading uncle who makes most of the place filthy, even though all 4400sq feet are heated, only about 1000 are usable. And all 2000 sq feet of the garage are literally soggy toast, with a tree hole in the roof, because of the wase of a human.
roll.png

mine was 118.98 my mother in laws was 281.00 she lives by herself and never cooks go figure. She is 70 years old. hardley ever uses anything at all just a light on in her room at night so she can see to get up if she need to at night without falling.
wh have a heat pump. use to have coal heat and a coal wood burner boy I wish I still did. now you can't find one around here at all.

Back
Top Bottom