How much Nutritional Yeast should I add to my duckling’s food?

SandySwear

In the Brooder
May 18, 2020
Hi!

If I am reading the information correctly, the recommended amount of niacin for ducklings is 55mg per pound of food (per Metzer Farms). I have two different bags of food and they both say they contain 25mg per pound. I have nutritional yeast I have been adding to the feed, but want to make sure I am adding the correct amount. From other reading, I have been adding 1tbsp per cup of food. Is that enough? I will attach a pic of the nutritional yeast. His/her legs appear to be strong and healthy (running around in the yard, swimming, jumping, etc. Just a little Pigeon-Toed). Will be 4 weeks old on Tuesday. Thank you in advance for any input!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    479.6 KB · Views: 44
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    450.8 KB · Views: 7
I just sprinkle on this a few times a day: Fresh Eggs Daily Brewer's Yeast with Garlic Powder Chicken & Duck Feed Supplement 5LB. you can find it on amazon. it provides the garlic for the immune system and the niacin they need, but to answer your question... just sprinkle it on a few times a day and add more if you need it. just a personal recommendation. good luck!

One to two tablespoons per cup of feed is good, although if the yeast has added garlic flavoring you may only go one tabl because of the strong taste.

Back
Top Bottom