How much on average does it cost

Quote:
No. More of a Liberal Arts type of college.

I am going to see about asking my moms vet. I just want to be fair to him. We thought that when we fenced in the yard he would calm down some. But now he is worse. An I think it is due to his hearing going

hugs.gif
Sometimes there are issues going on with them that we don't know about or can only guess about.
hugs.gif
It sounds to me like it is time to put him down.
hugs.gif

We had a Lab that became extremely agressive, so agressive that she lunged teeth out ready to chomp on a neighbour, we had her euthanized about a week later because the Lab rescues wouldn't take her, and we couldn't keep her with her behavioural issues. It cost us about $600.00 which included cremation.

...sometimes when they turn aggressive like that so quickly..its some sort of problem with the brain...i saw a show about it once...and also, he could be having some sort of dementia..(animals do get it..)..due to his age..i dont know..but you know him the best..if you feel its the time to do it...then it is..follow your heart and gut instinct on it...and i'm very sorry that you have to go through this...it must be heart breaking....all my best..Wendy

I am sorry you are going through this.

The dog may have other issues so don't feel bad. Our old shepherd became very agressive, he actually bit me. We had to have him euthanized. It turned out he had developed spinal cancer and was in a lot of pain.

If the first vet you ask gives you a hard time about it, find another vet. Some of our area vets have gotten kind of funny about it. I think it was around $125 several years ago. Cost is probably a regional thing.

My vet puts down animals he has treated over the years for free as a courtesy to his customers. I bring mine home to bury.
Sorry you are going through this and it does sound like you are doing the right thing for the dog.

when i had to have my border collie heeler mix had to be put down due to her becoming extremely agressive two years ago it was $45 at my vet sorry you had to go thru this

eta this is another problem with in in breeding

Last edited:
Here it is $45-55 depending on weight, for the euthanasia and then it is $50 for cremation with the ashes spread and $150 for the ashes returned to you in an urn.

Back
Top Bottom