HOw much should a 4 1/2 month old pygmy goat weigh?

muscovy94

Crowing
14 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Hey everyone I have a cute little pygmy goat i got named annabelle who i got when she was just 5 days old! she is just so cute. I'm just asking these questions as kind of like a check up on her development. How much should she weigh? She weighs 15lbs now. also how big should her horns be? right now they are just little nubs that are less than 1/2 of an inch.

Thanks.

hi! i'm not sure..maybe try back yard herds?? the link to it is at the bottom of this page...good luck!

Sorry, but I have Nubians and no idea what your baby should weigh. As long as she seems to be growing, in good flesh, and healthy, I wouldn't stress about it.

It will vary alot, but if she is growing ok and seems healthy she's probably fine. I've had 8 week old kids that were already 15+lbs and I've had kids that were 6+ months that were only that big. Different goats grow differently, different lines grow differently.

I have 2 10 month old pygger systers { lol! } and to be honest, it is unique to each goat. Petunia weighs about 80 or 90 pounds, and poppy about 65- 70ish. Hope this helps!!

JUst thought i would tell yall. My goat annabelle was recently killed by one of the dogs up the street.
sad.png

RIP ANNABELLE : july 4, 2009 - november 14, 2009

Back
Top Bottom