I'm posting this here, and yes this will make me look very very stupid, in the hopes that I can help prevent someone else from being this... there is no other word.. dumb.. How not to heat the coop.. I really didn't think this could happen. I've never had a lamp fall before.. and the cage on it did nothing to stop the damage. We are very lucky the coop did not burn down. So.. moral of the story.. even when it's -3 outside at night.. either secure that heat lamp with wire and screws so if it does dislodge it doesn't touch something flamable.. or just don't use a heat lamp at all..