How often do pekin ducks lay eggs?

LOL Sheila, she's a quirky little Gal, just loves being a Mamma. My other Pekin Gal only went broody once in 3 yrs if that helps at all ;-)

Michelle

I have 3 pekin females, one cayuga female and 2 blue runner mixed females. I'm averaging 5-6 duck eggs a day. I can't believe it. They've been layings for a couple of months now, started about 5 or 6 months of age. I expect they'll slow up now that it's getting colder, but they have given me tons of eggs for my Christmas baking. My cayuga never layed a black egg, in fact, they almost look like they're tinted with moss. Gives them the appearance of being dirty, but they taste great.

I have a Pekin duck, Ernie, and a Black Swedish duck, Olivia, who are both laying eggs. They both lay white eggs. I never have two white eggs on one day--or at least I can't find any. The eggs are pretty much laid in the the coop or pen they go into at night. How can I tell the difference between the two eggs to know which one is laying which egg?

PekinDucks.jpg

PekinDrake.jpg

Ducks.jpg

These guys are great layers of HUGE eggs!!
ep.gif

Aren't the pictured ducks mostly drakes?

Mine lay 'almost' every day. Once in a while one will miss a day but normally they each lay one egg per day. I did have one stop laying once in the winter (if you can call it that in FL) for a few weeks, but I think she was not well at the time and for my group that was very unusual. Regardless, they (mine) are good for more then 300 per year each.
I feed them Layena.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom