How often do you change the big waterer???

Nicole01

Crowing
8 Years
Mar 28, 2011
MN
I currently keep a 5 gallon waterer outside in the run under the shade and a dog bowl inside the run. I treat the water with vitamins and AVC, but I'm going to wean off the vitamins soon. They are expensive and I'm wasting a bunch when I dump the waterer out.

Right now I'm changing the 5 gallon waterer about every 2-3 days unless its scorching hot, then daily. The dog bowl gets fresh water everyday. I have a waterer that I can hook up to the hose and it will continually give me fresh water daily, but I do not have it hooked up in fear the iron/mineral pieces will clog it up. We have a well with water full of iron and minerals.
hmm.png

I change mine weekly.

I have a 3 gallon waterer for 3 hens. I have a separate 1 gallon waterer which I'll fill with ice water when it's hot. And to have as a back up so they don't run out of water.

I don't put anything else in their water. But I do lug that thing all the way to the garage to fill with fresh water. I don't trust what is leaching out of my hose to use that to fill their waterer.

I change my birds water at least once a day (No mater the size of the waterer)..

Chris

Last edited:
Most of the time I change it daily, occasionally I miss a day if we are away from the house all day. It gets changed at least six times a week.

Maybe I won't fill it as full and change it daily. I'm also in the habit of washing the waterer every time I change the water too.

Back
Top Bottom