How Often do you have to clean a duck pool?

Fuchsia

ℙ𝕚𝕟𝕜
Jul 19, 2020
Upstate NY
My Coop
My Coop
Hello!
So I have a tank that my ducks swim in and I have been cleaning it every day but that seems like a lot.
I was Wondering how often I do need to clean it. Every day? Every other day? One time a week?

This is not my picture this is from tractorsupply.com but this is what my ducks swim in:
Screen Shot 2020-08-17 at 9.06.30 AM.png

We clean it twice a day. Opinions will differ, but I say do what works for you and what is best for the health and safety of your swimmers. They are messy, so we just take extra precaution. We do have a pond (self-made) and that’s done once a week, unless it gets really bad. So just depends.

We have a PVC pipe drain attachment we put in it. We clean it out every Sunday. With the metal trough you have it could be difficult to clean out multiple times without a drain system so maybe just when it gets dirty (and you’ll see it get dirty fast), 😂. How often have you been cleaning it out?

Attachments

• 7997207D-ECF0-4021-B2DC-32AFF096B1E6.jpeg
    7997207D-ECF0-4021-B2DC-32AFF096B1E6.jpeg
    895.6 KB · Views: 12
Yeahhhh, I would drain the well if I cleaned the pool as often as would be needed to keep it even slightly clean... lol. They get the water changed out every other day when it’s super hot, or if they’ve been really actively foraging and dumping crap in there, and then once a week for those times that they’re not using it much. Their water tubs get changed daily though. :)

Back
Top Bottom