How often do you take out the trash?

Whenever I can get Zach to take it out! This usually involves a rolling pin, flip-flop or whatever I can throw at him! 'bout 2 a week.
wink.png

I take it out at least a few times a week, depending on what it is. If its paper garbage it can wait a little longer.

Two or three times a week. If I had meat or throw aways from the refigerator, they will be in a store's bag and taken outside in garbage. Plenty of maggots in the garbage can in the spring and summer! I would not dare feeding them to the chickens because I have no idea what they have ate that are so bad.

Whenever the kitchen bag is full, it goes out, and that may or may not be more than once a week.

We don't make much trash, so we share a dumpster with our in-law's. Trash goes out once a week, MAYBE twice if I have done extra cleaning or something. If we make more than 2 bags per week we'd have to pay for our own trash service.

Food/rott-able scraps go to either the birds, dogs, or the compost.
I recycle metal and aluminum cans.
I burn cardboard and compost the ashes.

Not much goes into the city piciup trash: some glass since they don't offer recycling program for it, plastic coke bottles that they don't have a recycle program for, some plastic bags that I don't need (I reuse a lot of them though) and a few plastic food containers that aren't suitable for reuse. The only thing stinky in the trash are styrofoam/paper/plastic meat packages. SO I remove all the meat from the wrappers at once, put it in plastic or glass in the fridge/freezer, and take out the trash all at once on the night before pick-up!

We take it out when it smells bad or is full, usually full, but...

all compostables go out at least once a day
all meat or refrigerator garbage goes out immediately
all recycling goes directly into the bins
kitty litter goes directly out to the trash bin

Because we recycle and compost we have lots less garbage than our neighbors, and yes I do notice. I wish we had pay as you go here.

Quote:
Good luck with the situation. Our trash goes out once a day at least, and sometimes more than that. We have a dog that likes to...um...taste what we have in there, so out it goes! Plus overflowing trash cans stress me out.

Back
Top Bottom