How often to turn eggs

ChickenKeep01

Songster
5 Years
Jul 2, 2016
Australia
When i first looked up about incubating eggs the site said to turn them every 6-8 hours but i had a look at another website yesterday and it said once a day. So how often do they need to be turned?

Does it matter of it is the same every day? For instance during the week maybe they get turned 3 times a day but during the weekend they could probably get turned 6-8 times a day. Should they always be on a schedule or just so long as they are never left too long for one time period?

Does it matter of it is the same every day? For instance during the week maybe they get turned 3 times a day but during the weekend they could probably get turned 6-8 times a day. Should they always be on a schedule or just so long as they are never left too long for one time period?

No. It doesn't matter.
Theory is that it should be an odd number of times during the day so that the egg doesn't stay on the same side each night thus spending the longest no turning hours in the same place. Is there any relevance to the theory? :idunno I have my doubts, but that's what "they" say.

Back
Top Bottom