Day 14 egg incubation

Dreyersc

Hatching
Feb 22, 2024
Hi,

First time incubating and candling eggs. I am on day 14 of incubating shipped eggs. I have 5 in total in the incubator, turning by hand. This egg looks less developed than the rest, is it gone or should i leave it in the incubator?
20240221_205334.jpg

Ill toss it in the morning, its very underdeveloped in comparison to the others and want to give the others the best possible chance of succesful hatching.

Thanks for your responses!

New here, but explain how that egg would be contaminating the others? What contamination are we talking about here? Bacterial growth or something?
Just thought I would say the eggs that are not fertile or died during incubation will at some point explode and the other eggs will get bacterial growth and kill them so yes bacterial growth also the bad egg/s can give off bacteria before exploding

This is a good candling post for chicken eggs
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...ion-through-incubation-of-chicken-eggs.47879/
Good luck

New here, but explain how that egg would be contaminating the others? What contamination are we talking about here? Bacterial growth or something?
As @Blue is my chicken has already said, when an egg dies or does not develop, it starts to grow some nasty bacteria. Eventually the pressure build up from the gas is too much, and it will either start to ooze out of weak spots in the shell, or just outright explode. Having an egg burst in my hand before, I know it's something I'll never want to risk happening inside my incubator, or under a broody.

Back
Top Bottom