How old are my chickadees?

AMHARFFEY

Chirping
Oct 8, 2020
Ģ'day, from a newbie in Western Australia. When I got these silver & gold laced wyandotte babies, I was told they were day olds with a couple of 2 week olds thrown in to make up the numbers but since seeing lots of day olds here in the forums and in person, I actually think my babies are a lot older than I was led to believe. All 10 chicks had wing feathers and the bigger 2, a bit more than just wing feathers. Ive had them now about 5 weeks and would like to know their proper ages, if possible. I'll post pictures of them when I first bought them home and some of them now, although it's getting harder to get pictures. The picture of 4 in my grey scarf. is in the car on the way home, all supposed day olds. The picture of them in the box is a few days after I got them and shows the size difference of the 2 x 2 week olds. The sunbaking picture was taken yesterday. And so was the last picture which is 'Daisy' who likes diamonds and wants to be a parrot. Lol
20201022_141648.jpg
20201022_145139.jpg
20200923_172149.jpg
Cheers
20200920_135704.jpg

AMHARFFEY

Chirping
Oct 8, 2020
Lol, every day, Daisy's gender is a guessing game. Haha. Daisy has a crooked tail but the sweetest nature. Thank you for your reply, 5-7 weeks fits with the timetable.
20201022_142653.jpg

Vickischics

BYC Songster & Master Egg Collector!
Premium Feather Member
May 6, 2020
Space Coast of Florida
Welcome to BYC.
We are Egg-cited you joined us.
Please go to the New Member Section and introduce yourself. By do so, you will receive very valuable information to make you successful on your journey as a Chicken Keeper.

Vickischics

BYC Songster & Master Egg Collector!
Premium Feather Member
May 6, 2020
Space Coast of Florida
Lol, every day, Daisy's gender is a guessing game. Haha. Daisy has a crooked tail but the sweetest nature. Thank you for your reply, 5-7 weeks fits with the timetable. View attachment 2383737
You mention that the gender is a daily guessing game.
Why do you "think" Daisy is a Pullet and not a Dave aka a Cockerel?

AMHARFFEY

Chirping
Oct 8, 2020
You mention that the gender is a daily guessing game.
Why do you "think" Daisy is a Pullet and not a Dave aka a Cockerel?
Mainly the shape of the tail and the neck feathers aren't pointy yet. I have one definite cockeral (Gilligan -- who's a bit silly) and his tail is a right hot mess. I have some I'm pretty sure are girls and others who are still too immature. I'm quickly learning that behaviour isn't a guarantee at this point haha

AMHARFFEY

Chirping
Oct 8, 2020
Welcome to BYC.
We are Egg-cited you joined us.
Please go to the New Member Section and introduce yourself. By do so, you will receive very valuable information to make you successful on your journey as a Chicken Keeper.
I tried to find the new member section to no avail. Would you mind posting me a link Thank you

Top Bottom