How old are my chickadees?

AMHARFFEY

Chirping
Oct 8, 2020
Ģ'day, from a newbie in Western Australia. When I got these silver & gold laced wyandotte babies, I was told they were day olds with a couple of 2 week olds thrown in to make up the numbers but since seeing lots of day olds here in the forums and in person, I actually think my babies are a lot older than I was led to believe. All 10 chicks had wing feathers and the bigger 2, a bit more than just wing feathers. Ive had them now about 5 weeks and would like to know their proper ages, if possible. I'll post pictures of them when I first bought them home and some of them now, although it's getting harder to get pictures. The picture of 4 in my grey scarf. is in the car on the way home, all supposed day olds. The picture of them in the box is a few days after I got them and shows the size difference of the 2 x 2 week olds. The sunbaking picture was taken yesterday. And so was the last picture which is 'Daisy' who likes diamonds and wants to be a parrot. Lol
20201022_141648.jpg
20201022_145139.jpg
20200923_172149.jpg
Cheers
20200920_135704.jpg

Lol, every day, Daisy's gender is a guessing game. Haha. Daisy has a crooked tail but the sweetest nature. Thank you for your reply, 5-7 weeks fits with the timetable.
20201022_142653.jpg

Lol, every day, Daisy's gender is a guessing game. Haha. Daisy has a crooked tail but the sweetest nature. Thank you for your reply, 5-7 weeks fits with the timetable. View attachment 2383737
You mention that the gender is a daily guessing game.
Why do you "think" Daisy is a Pullet and not a Dave aka a Cockerel?

You mention that the gender is a daily guessing game.
Why do you "think" Daisy is a Pullet and not a Dave aka a Cockerel?
Mainly the shape of the tail and the neck feathers aren't pointy yet. I have one definite cockeral (Gilligan -- who's a bit silly) and his tail is a right hot mess. I have some I'm pretty sure are girls and others who are still too immature. I'm quickly learning that behaviour isn't a guarantee at this point haha

Back
Top Bottom