How old are my chicks??

Mar 8, 2018
Hello all! A little background: I bought some white silkie chicks that were supposedly a day old on March 28th (4 weeks ago). A week later (April 4th) we picked up some blue silkie chicks that were also supposed to be a day old. When we brought the blue chicks home we were surprised at how big the white chicks were, but figured they were just growing quickly. Now we are starting to think that the white chickens are a few weeks older than advertised. I have attached a picture of both a white and blue chick, let me know how old you think they are! Keep in mind that they are only one week apart. Thanks!
20507592-6849-40FE-8D3D-95C2EE81836C.jpeg
FD9B1893-EC67-4D4F-81B0-A446F3615AA5.jpeg

Did the white chick come from hatchery stock or a tractor supply? I received some hatchery Silkies that at 8 weeks old they were 3 times the size of my breeder Silkies that were 12 weeks old.
Our white chicks came from our local feed store and the blue chicks came from a Wilco. Your white chicken with the grey spots is the cutest thing I have ever seen!!! What did she/he look like as a chick?

He is a paint Silkie. This is pictures of him from hatch to about 6 weeks old, my avatar is him at 3 months old. I have lots of pictures of him because I hatched him myself from my flock.
0E47F002-42DD-4341-A13D-DD7DABDE8A26.png

Back
Top Bottom