How old do chicks have to be before I can transition from no calcium to calcium included feed

I use Purina Flock Raiser non-medicated.
ok, for just flock birds like chickens right? no layers or meat birds although i guess you can use it for any of those because it seems like flock raiser can be used for different situations depending on pet chickens egg chickens or meat chickens

ok, for just flock birds like chickens right? no layers or meat birds although i guess you can use it for any of those because it seems like flock raiser can be used for different situations depending on pet chickens egg chickens or meat chickens
Mine are dual purpose chickens. I've had no issues with it. I have seen comments that it lacks the niacin? for ducks.

This is what I feed my flock. I have pullets, hens, and cockerels about to become roosters. When they start to lay just offer oyster shell in another container. Non layers won’t eat it which is a good thing cuz they can’t metabolize it. And don’t forget granite grit. Shell and grit are different and perform different duties in a chickens system.

Attachments

• 97ABAA3E-918A-4033-835D-EBFC352F2F90.png
    97ABAA3E-918A-4033-835D-EBFC352F2F90.png
    516.5 KB · Views: 2
I do that at 4 months. Hens only! I use the family farm brand egg maker feed sold at WalMart. Get a bag of 5 grains feed hens that mix. Roosters just get 5 grain.
One veggie that they love is kale. Chop it small so they don't choke. If you have a way feed it individually perhaps on a little table so they all get it. They love to nibble from plants.

Back
Top Bottom