How old is my duckling?

Baileyrc123

Chirping
Jun 6, 2019
I am new to ducks, and I have a mallard duckling that I've been caring for for a week and a half now. I cant figure out how old it is though! Also, at what age can you introduce ducklings to your flock? I want to eventually let this duckling cohabitate with my mother's flock.

Attachments

• 20190605_105546.jpg
    20190605_105546.jpg
    447.2 KB · Views: 13
9 days, 14 hours, and 41 minuts

Very cute duckling!

Drakes can hurt young ducklings by mating them, Some recomend waiting untill they lay their first egg (if its a female obviosly)

ive let mine go in my small flock as early as 3 weeks, and ive made sure my pools and fencing was safe for younglings. i had a young one drown it realy sucked

9 days, 14 hours, and 41 minuts

Very cute duckling!

Drakes can hurt young ducklings by mating them, Some recomend waiting untill they lay their first egg (if its a female obviosly)

ive let mine go in my small flock as early as 3 weeks, and ive made sure my pools and fencing was safe for younglings. i had a young one drown it realy sucked
My mom has four females, two mallards, one khaki Campbell and one Peking. Are they better at accepting?

Your going to have to let this little one be introduced slowly to your adult flock. Take it out daily to meet and greet and let them all be around your little one. She is too young to be with them constantly since she still needs warmth. .

Back
Top Bottom