How the heck are you supposed to wait....Day 23 AND WE HAVE A BABY!

It is after midnight ... so I am now, officially, on day 21 .... waiting ...

9574_chicken_chick_hatching.gif

Quote:
\\

Oh my!!!! 3000 :O What do you raise them/hatch them for?

It's old hat to you and I'm writhing in anticipation!

Like I said, I was like that too, at first. It still is exciting to see the little fluff balls. The first 2 or 3 days, they are just too cute for words! I still enjoy just watching them. They get so comical. I'm a big fan of chicken TV! I've just gotten over the anticipation of waiting...or maybe it's because I don't any time to hover around the incubator anymore....DH must have planed it this way!!
barnie.gif

We sell eggs and chickens. I don't ship, I sell from the house and we set up at First Monday Trades Day in Canton, TX. (supposed to be the largest flea market in USA)
I have a hard time keeping enough hens for layer replacements every year. We have a lot of repeat customers. I keep my breeders for years, but I try to rotate the hens I use for my egg customers every year, so that I'm not selling old hens to my customers who want hens that are laying.
It is a full time job, since we also raise rabbits, Jacob 4 horned sheep, meat sheep, milk goats, pot-belly pigs, hogs, cattle, horses, and lately, DOGS! It seems we are always building more pens, and never have enough. DH doesn't understand why the house is always a mess!

Jean

Gee and I thought I was bad.....

I check about once an hour & I have left the video camcorder in there to record it incase it happens while I am gone.

I have not seen the eggs move, no pips, no zips, but I still hear them every now & again.
hide.gif

Woke up about 20 minutes ago and thought I heard some crack a lacking and pipping from the living room. I thought I saw one or two of them move and I definitely heard something in there. I've heard weird little sounds ever since but nothing that lasts long.

I had another dream about chicks, I was on a road trip with them in their incubator and we ended up at a hotel. I was there doing a debate with George Bush except it was fraternity boy George Bush from long ago and at one point I shouted out YOU ARE GOING TO BE PRESIDENT ONE DAY, YOU MORON and he started laughing and high fiving his debate teammates and going Yeah That'll be the day. I have weird dreams.
hu.gif

Last edited:
I think I heard two wee little pecks.

Is my mind playing tricks on me? Shouldnt this process be LOUDER!? If I was them, I would be coming out kicking and screaming, in fact I DID come out kicking and screaming. Kung fu right out of that egg, little guys, its the only way.

Back
Top Bottom