How to be a good BYC citizen

Pics
J's Orpingtons :

How do you become a BYC Moderator? I wanna be one
lol.png

As long as I remember being on BYC from Old and New, I certainly do not want to be a mod LOL! It's too hard of a job and you probably make more enemies than friends. Also you have to have a level head, patience, knowledgeable about emotions behind the smilies and try to put fairness in both parties that disagrees or a subject that needs to be shut down or encouraged. Some of the mods have jobs on the outside, not all of them are on line all the time 23/7, they have families too.

You would have to be voted in after a good length of time being on BYC by the head mods and sometimes members have some pull to the voting too. You really could not "gossip" about everything and everything, including personal problems on a rant thread...it just won't make you look good.

Intelligence comes to play too! And be willing to repeat over and over on the messages that you would see it on the threads often by new members or lazy people that don't know how to use the Search button.

Good luck with your goal of becoming a mod, J's Orpingtons! I am sure Terrie would be the best one to ask about being a mod.​

Quote:
As long as I remember being on BYC from Old and New, I certainly do not want to be a mod LOL! It's too hard of a job and you probably make more enemies than friends. Also you have to have a level head, patience, knowledgeable about emotions behind the smilies and try to put fairness in both parties that disagrees or a subject that needs to be shut down or encouraged. Some of the mods have jobs on the outside, not all of them are on line all the time 23/7, they have families too.

You would have to be voted in after a good length of time being on BYC by the head mods and sometimes members have some pull to the voting too. You really could not "gossip" about everything and everything, including personal problems on a rant thread...it just won't make you look good.

Intelligence comes to play too! And be willing to repeat over and over on the messages that you would see it on the threads often by new members or lazy people that don't know how to use the Search button.

Good luck with your goal of becoming a mod, J's Orpingtons! I am sure Terrie would be the best one to ask about being a mod.

Hmmm... It sounds like a job, real job, ....

Hello everyone my name is joshua I am from south texas . I love to play with my chickens watch the chickens crow it is funny .I like to collect the eggs . watch them hatch I help my mom feed and water the chickens . I am homeschooled so I will be doing alot of reading on here . so here I am hope you be my friend and enjoy my company.I like friends and to post pictures .
my mom tryed to post backyardchicken.com to our cousin on facebook and it blocked it because it said it had bugs. mom sent a meassage back and told them it was a nice safe family place. they informed my mom they would look into it.just thought you should know . Have a great day with your chickens I know I will.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom