How to be a good BYC citizen

Pics
Hello fellow Backyardigans,
Enjoyed reading some of your posts. We went through the process of design, build, chicks and now we are getting the first of the small eggs. Grandchildren have been very involved. We all love 'the girls'. One little hen comes to me when she sees me. Of course I always have a treat for her. Lots of fun... and ....lots of work. We change the floor bedding frequently and keep the nesting areas clean and well padded. No flies or bad odors and no complaints from the neighbors.
We would love to post our pictures of the work and how it progressed. Haven't quite figured out how just yet. We are backyard people and tend to be technologically challenged at times. Looking forward to hearing from you.
John and Jeanne Wocking

welcome-byc.gif

Here's a thread on how to insert pics: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/inserting-pics-in-on-the-new-byc

If you think your post could possibly upset someone use smilies to indicate you are being facetious -As it has been said before - people can't see your expression or hear your voice inflections that indicate sarcasm or just playful teasing. Wish we had a ton of new smilies. I think they lighten any mood.

If you think your post could possibly upset someone use smilies to indicate you are being facetious -As it has been said before - people can't see your expression or hear your voice inflections that indicate sarcasm or just playful teasing. Wish we had a ton of new smilies. I think they lighten any mood.
Yeah, thats a good one!

Grandpawocking3, I love what you wrote.... "technologically challenged at times".... I am trying to figure my way around this site and "talk" or "answer" people. I haven't tried posting pics yet.

I wing it when it comes to my chickens, and have never had anything go wrong with them health wise, short of letting them be free range for a while (we live on a ranch) and then they don't come home...so don't do that anymore!! My grand kids get a kick out of gathering eggs, and they aren't that little any more!! Makes it worth having the chickens, besides the benefit of eating the eggs!

Last edited:
You can count me as a noob. Started end of last year solely to get cheap eggs. We'd always bought free range but what's described as 'free range' seems to have a very loose definition here in oz so we decided to get our own birds and that way we'd know they were organic and definitely free range. Since then, they've grown on us and often amuse. They are OUR girls. Enjoying the whole 'chicken' thing.

Back
Top Bottom