how to be secretive

agnes_day

Songster
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
oklahoma
the feed stores around here will have chicks in a couple of weeks! i plan on getting some but i want to be more or less undercover about it this time around..any advice? i plan on it being a girls only operation this time around, and i am thinking that doing that would keep things pretty quiet.
any advice would be welcomed. i miss having chickens so much!

I would like to know too. I am legal, but I have a friend I want to bring to the darkside.
tongue.png

Some feed stores have pullets only, but others are straight run. Getting cockerels will be hard to keep hidden. I would get a couple of hens, make the coop look like some a normal shed or kids playhouse. If you have a yard, you should be able to keep some hens without a lot of grief.

There are a couple of stealth coop options. I have seen them both on mypetchicken.com on their coop page. Good luck!

Yeah..just buy from the pullet brooder...
Dont get straight run...theres gonna be roos in it.

oh definitely, i have that one covered..do you think if i keep them in a run and only get girls that i should be ok?
ever since the "incident" last summer, my idiot neighbor has avoided me like the plague.

Be sure to NOT tell any of your neighbors.
roll.png
If anyone does find out and suggests that they have noticed an increase in flies
sad.png
I would tell them that chickens that are raised on the ground WELCOME flies because they eat them. It's chickens that are raised in cages off the ground can't get to the flies on their poo.
You will also want to be especially sensitive to any smell they might create.

luckily ive never had any issues with smells..even when i had my goats, there wasnt any odor..no, last summer i made the mistake about being open about it, and would take my chickens for walks etc and my stuck up neighbor flipped out and raised holy hell.
this year, i am not saying a word!! the funny thing is that the city still thinks i have my silkies, but they refused to do anything because i told them that i kept them indoors.i told them that they were welcome to try and get a search warrant to look for rogue chickens
roll.png
.i didkeep them for a time, but then i rehomed them because i was worried about something happening to them. weve not had any problems with this guy since i filed a couple of police reports and let his ex wife know about his doings.
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom