How to buy tylan or oxymavb???

13hensandaroo

Chirping
6 Years
Oct 21, 2017
I've got old tylan but is very old. Cant buy this stuff in the farm/feed stores anymore.
I've got a chicken with rales, shaking head, slightly swollen face, decreased appetite. Isolated from flock. But will need to treat everyone.
Vet not a option.
Thanks

I've got old tylan but is very old. Cant buy this stuff in the farm/feed stores anymore.
I've got a chicken with rales, shaking head, slightly swollen face, decreased appetite. Isolated from flock. But will need to treat everyone.
Vet not a option.
Thanks
What feed stores do you have? If you're in the US TSC carries it.

Vet not a option.
Thanks
You can still find Tylosin powder you can order that from the places below.
You might be able to order Tylan50 injectable online through TSC without a script, try - sometimes you can, sometimes you can't depending on where you live, but you should be able to order the powder that goes in the drinking water, instructions are on the package.
If your hen is in bad shape and isn't drinking on her own very well, syringe the medicated water into her frequently.
https://allbirdproducts.com/products/tylosin-powder-generic
https://jedds.com/products/tylosin-powder?_pos=2&_sid=b6834e182&_ss=r

Unlikely you will find much at TSC stores, but possible/maybe can order through them online. Most OTC meds were pulled from shelves earlier this year.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/th...hibited-w-o-prescription-after-06-23.1555722/

Thank you. I was able to order from Jedds. Price sure has gone up. 47 dollars with shipping for 100g. Allbirdproducts was sold out. wont be here till the 9th. Anyone in the Rochester NY area have any on hand, Id be happy to pay a fair price.
For now, Im using VetRx, silver drops and oregano.

Thank you. I was able to order from Jedds. Price sure has gone up. 47 dollars with shipping for 100g. Allbirdproducts was sold out. wont be here till the 9th. Anyone in the Rochester NY area have any on hand, Id be happy to pay a fair price.
For now, Im using VetRx, silver drops and oregano.
That's slow shipping isn't it! And yes, the prices of things have gone up quite a bit.

Maybe a bonus is 100g should last you a good while, dose is only 5g (1tsp) to a gallon of water. Powder is going to last longer than the injectable as well if you store it in a tight closed container in a cool dry place.

Allbirds is usually pretty fast, but they sell out a lot.

Do you think she has Mycoplasma?
Check inside her beak for lesions or canker too.

no lesions or canker. I think its pnemonia. She's my oldest at 6yrs. Black Australop.
The other13 girls look and act fine. I noticed the head shaking a month ago and treated everyone with valbazen for worms with the repeat and she just progressed to this.

Good to know that. I don't even know what disease you're talking about, but BECAUSE I don't know anything, I'm falling for EVERYTHING! When my Wyandotte baby got attacked 3 days ago, I had several sprays, including Silver spraying for healing wounds. I also have something for respiratory problems too. I might as well get something ahead of time, to intervene with that disease too. I have a medical "chicken" bag, and believe in preventive medicine, if and when possible...

Back
Top Bottom