How to catch a guinea

Thanks to all of you. I to liked the pic with the net, LOL. I got the main female and have her in a pen on my porch, she calls to the others everyday, today the male found her and stayed all day. He left at dark so tomorrow I am going to try to net him if he comes back. Thanks again
I hope you can get them! I have tried to net an awake guinea outdoors and it was completely futile; I just panicked her. This was a guinea hen that had wrapped a string around her foot and she was hobbling around so couldn’t run too fast, but still way faster than me! I had to wait until that night when I could grab her off the roost in our guinea coop to free her from the string.

I have 3 guinea that are staying down my street. 1 pair and a female, the female in the pair is sitting on eggs. I have been trying to catch my guinea for awhile now so now when they see me they are gone. I put a trap out with feed but they are on to me, LOL. The eggs from my paired female started to hatch but the keets were not staying alive, so I grabbed her and put all other eggs in an incubator. Now my female just goes back and forth in the coop. I don't think my male knows where she is, he called to her this morning. I would like to put them together but I can't catch him or the other female. Can anyone give me some ideas to get them? Thanks
Wow! Well, good job catching the one hen! I bet the others won’t go too far from her... Where are the couple roosting?

Thanks to all of you. I to liked the pic with the net, LOL. I got the main female and have her in a pen on my porch, she calls to the others everyday, today the male found her and stayed all day. He left at dark so tomorrow I am going to try to net him if he comes back. Thanks again

I thought the one I got would call to her mate but she did not, he called for her the next morning but I think now he must think something got and killed her as he is not calling for her anymore.

Back
Top Bottom