how to convince my mom that we need more chicks?

Quote:
Ha, I like that idea.

The point is to convince her, not to trick her. I have a tendency to sneak home animals, but I'd rather get permission first. At least, from my mom. I don't think my dad even knows about the chicks, although I can't imagine what he thinks of the peeping sounds coming from my room. More likely, he's just stopped caring.

I did find an ad on craigslist, about an hour away, for some chicks, including marans and EEs. Its farther than I'd like to drive, but its quicker than waiting until may for the marans to be available from mypetchicken, and it saves me (and them!) the stress from shipping. So if I can convince her in the next day, I would be able to go out there and get a few chicks, I might even be able to get the same ages, so I don't have to worry about that...

A crow?? Really??? Just looking at your animal list I have a sneaky suspicion(did I spell that right??) you will get what you want. But it gets worse. Get two more this weekend. Next weekend it will be even more! Gotta love it!
Chris

the crow was sort of an accident, lol. pushed out of the nest, got caught in our fence. We freed him, the other crows eventually attacked him, we took him in, and have had him for 4 years.

I briefly spoke with the woman who posted the listing on craigslist. I'll be going out there sometime this weekend. I talked to my mom about having her friend help us build a coop, and if she can find his phone number (she doesn't know how to program things into her cell phone, and she lost her book), things should work out pretty well. This woman has several other breeds, and I'm considering a silkie, but i'm not sure how the size difference is going to work out...

Back
Top Bottom