How to disc a garden when your tractor isn't running

Quote:
Me too.
I've wanted a Jeep since I was 12, but one with a PTO... BIG DREAM now.
Wonder if I could get a PTO put on my Toyota Tundra 4WD.

It already has one...the driveshaft that runs to the rear differential.

The trick would be some kind of gearbox between the transmission and rear diff that would divert drive power to an additional driveshaft; one would go on to the rear diff, as usual, and another would go to a splined PTO shaft -- but only when engaged. Something tells me that such a box could be modeled -- or possibly even constructed -- from the guts of a common transfer case....but I doubt it would be cheap or easy.

hu.gif

(You might have guessed that I've already put a little thought into this myself.
lol.png
)

COOL!

I hate stick shifts hubby loves them!

Last Jeep he had, it was a stick shift. I told him if he let me drive it, it will come home with burned gears.

Oh about the plows.......

Do you have to put the plow DEEP into the ground? That would be hard on the truck with that pulling. Or is the plow just skimming the soft surfaces?

Quote:
Thanks, rebelcowboysnb, I filled out their application for a price quote and other information. I had no idea that that could be done. Joe
BTW, my son was top of his class in mechanical engineering at Purdue. I've told him that his mother must have been stranded on a road somewhere with a broken down car, a mechanic happened by, she had no money, ... All he says is, "Oh, thank God!"

Back
Top Bottom