How to dispose of annoying dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

mercedes

Songster
9 Years
May 4, 2010
TX
At 7:30 this morning I happen to look out the kitchen window and saw the neighbors two huskys running down the street.When they 'visited' us last year,they almost killed my rooster.I immediately ran outside to protect what I could and did not have time to grab a gun.Sure enough they were trying to crawl under the gate to get onto my property.When I went to chase them off,one of them started growling at me.I hightailed it back to the house to get the gun and dialed 911 while running up the driveway.Told them the neighbors dogs were on my property and coming after me.When I came back out of the house with the gun,the dogs were gone,running down the street.25 minutes later I was still waiting for a cop or maybe animal control to show.Nothing!Glad I was not laying in my driveway being eaten by those two dogs.Called the police department again and was told that they would sent out animal control right away.20 minutes later still nothing.I had to leave for work since I was already late and don't know if they finally showed up or not.I am torn between calling the police department and asking for a follow up or waiting for the dogs to show up again and SSS.The dogs are the terror of the neighborhood ,are always running loose and have have jumped an older lady on a walker.The owner is a complete moron who keeps insisting that his 'babys' are very sweet and would not harm a fly.Of course I would much rather shoot him but unfortunatly we have laws against that.What do you think?

But the dogs weren't on your property and they weren't coming after you. So far this is a story about dogs running down the street, and obeying you when you shooed them away.

If you catch them killing your chickens, you can legally shoot them. Being annoying is not a capital offense.

Contact animal control and ask them why the leash laws don't apply to him. I would also make sure and snap some pics of the dogs, if they come back, just incase they do harm your animals, you can prove they were there. Besides that, I would have a BB gun ready to deter the dogs from my property. Just saying what I would do. I would have also told the neighbor that I am in no way dog friendly, having the animals you have. I would have told him that animal control will be called next time. That may keep him from just letting the dogs run loose.

I love dogs, but letting them loose is just asking for trouble.

Quote:
Sorry if I was not clear.The dogs were crawling under my gate,The dogs were on my property, The dogs were growling at me and coming after me.And they have done it to other people living on this road.The owner has been approached about this and animal control has been called several times by several different people.The dogs almost killed one of my chickens last year.The dogs got to go!

Animal control is useless when you really need them. Cops won't be much help either unless someone gets really hurt.

Sounds like a serious problem if these dogs have already made a go at attacking people. It is not just your flock that is in danger. Please becareful and if they come back to try again shoot them.

I don't agree with shooting them just send a complaint to the owner saying, If they don't sort it out you will contact the police. Give them a written warning before anything

Quote:
Sounds like a good idea,but we don't have a lot of bears in texas so bear pepper spray is not widely available
big_smile.png

Quote:
I really love dogs,have four of my own,and I would never shoot a dog just because it got out once.Several people have already contacted the police about these dogs and the owner had plenty of warnings.

Wasp spray. Legal, shoots up to 20 feet, gets the job done without blow back, no one will ever question why you have a can of wasp spray sitting on your counter or by your door. Just an idea.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom