Guide How to enable push notifications

CarpCharacin

Dilettante
Project Manager
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Aug 17, 2016
One of the features included in the new software version is the ability to recieve push notifications, which are notifications sent directly to your device, informing you of alerts and conversation messages. If your device is supported, you will get a prompt at the bottom of your screen asking if you would like to enable push notifications. Unfortunately iOS isn't supported, but Android is.

Screenshot_20191030-231113.png

If you click it, it will ask you for permission to send you notifications.

Screenshot_20191030-231250.png

Press allow, and then you'll start receiving push notifications!

This is what a push notification looks like on Android:

Screenshot_20191030-232938.png

You can also enable and disable push notifications here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/account/preferences

Last edited:
So just to be clear, the app wont give alert notifications? BTW I LOVE the update so far!
I haven't tested it myself, so I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if push notifications don't work through the app, but regular alerts should work through the app, like they did before we had push notifications. Push notifications do work through Chrome on android, though. iOS doesn't support web push notifications, unfortunately.

I haven't tested it myself, so I don't know for sure, but I wouldn't be surprised if push notifications don't work through the app, but regular alerts should work through the app, like they did before we had push notifications. Push notifications do work through Chrome on android, though. iOS doesn't support web push notifications, unfortunately.
Thanks!

Carp can you try this on your phone.
I can't seem to get it to work on mine.:( (on the app)

I'm not sure if it works on the app, but I know it works on Chrome. My phone recently stopped working after a restart, so it's out of commission for now.
I just enabled it from my pixel 2... Let's see if it works. I'm not someone who likes notifications, but it'll help me keep up with threads and not be 5 pages behind like usual 😂

If you end up getting too many notifications, you can always fine tune them in the alert settings.

Back
Top Bottom