How to find a good gamefowl breeder?

Scruffy Hills

Hatching
Jul 11, 2021
Scruffy Hills, California
Hello,
I'm not new to chickens, but I'm new to gamefowl and I'd like to start breeding gamefowl for breed preservation purposes. Possibly Aseel or Old English for the historical value, but it really depends on what I can get.

Yes, I understand the penning requirements. I've read the books and know what I'm getting into.

There is a semi-local gamefowl breeder with reputable bloodlines (Bobby Boles, Sam Gowdy) but they want $500 per chick. I tried asking if they might sell me some hatching eggs or culls, but my inquiry went unanswered and I probably offended them.

Can any breeders offer input regarding where I should look for quality stock, and how much it should cost? My goal is to keep the breed going for future generations, so I want good breeders, not hatchery stock.

sam gowdy are japs not asils. very few bobby boles asils left his yard and people use his name to peddle birds. $500 seems pretty high. i have the pure reynolds asils and when i have a few to sell i get $300 shipped
How does one tell the difference between a pure Bobby Boles and a cheap knockoff? Or a pure Reynolds, for that matter. Do breeders provide pedigrees or stud books?

I keep a book of records. I dont usually show it to anybody. Basically you have to research the history of these strains and pick your breeders from there.

I personally have not bought a bird so I cannot help you but I have seen a lot of people posting on Facebook about their tagged birds.
American imported birds come documented.

Screenshot_20211121-104716_Samsung Internet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom