How to find Call Duck breeders and owners

JudyChx

Hatching
7 Years
Jan 10, 2013
I was over-enthusiastic this summer getting some Call Ducks from a young guy at a show. I didn't research well enough about ducks in general and I have too many boys and too few girls. I'm actually looking to place all the girls and two boys that are highly bonded to one girl each.

I have:

1 male Magpie, 1 female Magpie (her legs are straight)
1 male Butterscotch - very handsome guy, 2 female butterscotch and 1 brown
1 female snowy

I'm keeping 5 boys so you see the numbers were horrible. I'm not a breeder. Thought the ducks were adorable and everyone got along wonderfully all summer but now they are breeding and too few girls for the number of young males. The older males are more polite. I don't have enough room to separate out boy call ducks, my boy runners and all my chickens in with girl call ducks. And I don't need more call ducks so won't be raising any at this time.

I live in Massachusetts and wonder if anyone knows 4-H students that would love some ducks at a cost effective price. I was clealy a newbie and did newbie stupid moves. I know girls are easier to place and while I'm partial to the butters and the snowy females - I'm fine with having a bunch of boys. They all look adorable and all get along with my bantam chickens. So girls get to go.

Judy

I would suggest heading to the "Where Am I? Where Are You!" forum and looking for people from Massachusetts there and maybe sending some people in your area a PM for info.
I agree, Calls are so cute!

ab4a3b6ffa9c5224e8d94f1bf069309e835bf44ada39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709da39a3ee5e6b4b0d3255bfef95601890afd80709a4b3225a1483568630b9.png
. Have you tried placing them on craigslist?

Back
Top Bottom