how to get blue orpington offspring

:welcome:welcome:welcome

Black. I'd breed Black with Lavender, Splash, or Self Blue. I think that there already is a Blue Orpington, so maybe all you need is a breeder.

I'm not 100% sure on everything above, that's just my thoughts. @EmmaRainboe knows a lot about Orpingtons, so you might want to ask her. :)
Thanks for the tag!
Black crossed with splash will give 100% blue offspring.
This.

But if you wanted to,

Blue x black will give 50% blue and 50% black.

Blue x Blue with give 50% blue 25% black and 25% splash.

If you want the most possible blue offspring black x splash is the way to go and will give you 100% blue.

I have 7 lavender hens so I want to use them can I get blue offspring with lavender
I would not breed lavender into your BBS line.

Black. I'd breed Black with Lavender, Splash, or Self Blue. I think that there already is a Blue Orpington, so maybe all you need is a breeder.

I'm not 100% sure on everything above, that's just my thoughts. @EmmaRainboe knows a lot about Orpingtons, so you might want to ask her. :)
Yes there's blue, I have a blue orp pullet😁

Attachments

• 20210419_163002.jpg
    20210419_163002.jpg
    720.1 KB · Views: 3

Black x lavender will not create blue. Self blue is the same thing as lavender.

Black x lavender will not create blue. Self blue is the same thing as lavender.
Yeah, I wasn't sure about that. That's why I said that I wasn't 100% sure. I did know on the Black, though. Just about everywhere I've seen the Blue color created, it always had something first to do with Black. :)

Back
Top Bottom