How to get hens to drink from nipple waterer?

I have 8 three month old chickens and I have gone in and shown them the nipples, they look at them and watch me tap on them but after three days they still don't get it. I have put water in them from a conventional waterer so they wont die of thirst in this heat. I normally would be more patient but it is over 90 outside and I don't want to lose them. any ideas?

I am having the same problem. My adult hens won't drink out of the nipples. I tap them every day to try and show them, I removed the conventional water bucket but replaced it because its HOT, I'm in south Louisiana. I will try to lift it higher so they will have to stretch for it. Thank y'all for the tips!

I have gone all out and installed a rain barrel to a PVC line that runs into the coop area. I was excited to see that everything works! Except for my 2 year old hens won't drink from them. It is still spring and there is a good deal of moisture in the yard and previous serving cups will fill up. Needless to say, I have tried whip cream and other treats over the nipples. They show no interest after the great is gone. Can someone give me some advice?

I have gone all out and installed a rain barrel to a PVC line that runs into the coop area. I was excited to see that everything
works! Except for my 2 year old hens won't drink
from them. It is still spring and there is a good deal
of moisture in the yard and previous serving cups
will fill up. Needless to say, I have tried whip cream
and other treats over the nipples. They show no
interest after the great is gone. Can someone give
me some advice?
Remove all other water sources and wait until tomorrow, peck at them with your finger so the water drips they will be using them in no time.

Back
Top Bottom