how to get rid of fleas naturally??

OHhappychicks

Crowing
10 Years
May 2, 2009
Hillsboro,OH
Does anyone know of a good surefire natural way to get rid of fleas on a dog without using chemicals? My DD has a rental home and the people moved out and the house was infested with fleas and the dog was only in the house less than a few minutes and has fleas! She is an indoor dog when she is with my DD. They also have 2 indoor cats and they didn't want to take the fleas home with the dog to give to the cats. We have only found about 6-8 on her since last sunday when she had her last bath, but my DD doesn't want to take her home until all of them are gone. We don't want to give her anymore chemicals because of the rash and raw places she has been scratching. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks for any and all comments!

Good luck, because I dont think there is
hmm.png

Not a 100% grantee at least.

If they are just on her, you can bathe her and just let the soap sit, even dish soap wil work. Let it set for at least five minutes, and it should smother the fleas. 50/50 listerine (generic is fine, but must be yellow kind) and water is good afterwards. Make a few cups of it and sponge it on her nice and heavy, then keep a spray bottle for applying to her raw spots. The antiseptic properties will help those too. For treating the house, DE is great.

I'm not sure on what to use on her, but you could (if she sleeps in one room) put a bowl of soapy water on the floor where she stays at night. Make sure the sides of the bowl aren't high, You could even use a plate. This should control her flea problem a little.

What about food grade diatomaceous earth? It works for the chickens and is 100% natural. I imagine it could be vacuumed up, but wear a mask!

Quote:
Correct. Fleas are an awful parasite, but not perfect. Imperfect because they transfer other parasites that slowly starve the source of their food, the host (like tapeworm). And, in the end, a good flea infestation will in fact kill the host.
I am forever am advocate for natural products, but fleas need a better solution.

Get a cheap desk lamp with a 40-watt bulb and one of those glue mousetraps. Put the trap where the fleas hang out and bend the lamp so the bulb is near the sticky surface. Works well when the room is empty - the bulb will be the only heat source, fleas will congregate and drop to the glue. Better than water, in my opinion, since I can't kick it over.

Back
Top Bottom