How to get rid of the Bug??

triggfamily5

Songster
9 Years
Mar 30, 2010
Moorcroft, WY
Naughty Naughty Naughty

Now I know I officially have the bug!! But how do I stop!!

Was over at The Mercantile last night (hour away) getting some feed before I went to Deadwood for the night for some getaway fun... I wasn't going to be home until sometime in the middle of the night, so I knew I was safe to be around fuzzy butts because I can't keep them warm in the car when it's snowing and freezing outside...

WRONG!! I found out you could pre-pay and pick up later!! They had Maran Pullets (been wanting to add that breed to my flock) and I have 36 chicks in the brooder right now (wanted and even 35, but the hatchery sent an extra one) from 3 separate purchases....

I had to make an even number, soooo ---- I bought 4 of them to go back and pick up today!!! MIL is addicted too, she is trying to get FIL to go with her to pick them up for me, and if the other 2 are still there, she is going to buy those (so they aren't lonely), and try and convince him to get a few geese to add to our blood line (we have 12 of those and they have 5 goslings right now they hatched and one more is still sitting)

Fuzzy Butts Oh Fuzzy Butts, what are we to do!! Fuzzy Butts Oh Fuzzy Butts, we love you!!

(I still want to try and hatch some from my free incubator this month too...)

How do you stop this bug???

NEED MORE CHICKENS!!!!
droolin.gif

*Pours triggfamily5 a cup of coffee*

Welcome to FBA (Fuzzy Butts Anonymous)!!

I think this forum is a bad place to go for help though, as it seems everyone here is an addict! Unlike some addictions, this one isn't too harmful to your health, quite the contrary as you get some fresh healthy eggs out of the bargain
smile.png

Called DH to ask if it was OK when I did it, he wasn't very supportive... He said "Do whatever, I am not part of this decision cause you gonna do what your gonna do anyway"

I have even tried to be sensible when doing my purchases this year becasue hubby says we won't eat the hens --

First batch -- 16 - bought from the pullet bins (so far they are)
Second batch -- 8 - straight runs (so far they are pullets)
Third batch - 12 - straight runs (just got them thursday, don't know)
Fourth batch - 4 - pullet bin

We need a bigger coop!!! That's the only harm in this I see...

At the last local Poultry Swap I was very clever, I thought.
Usually I take a crate or 2 with me, just in case something needs to go home with me. This time I took nothing, except some fertile duck eggs to sell.
Do you know how cute 3 day old Auraucana chicks are? Do you? Puffy little faces already!!!

I was so proud of myself because I went home empty handed. Home to my 10 day old RIRs and BRs.

clap.gif

Aren't you proud of me?

The Mercantile is a bad, bad place. Just be thankful that you didn't have two cute little girls with you, begging for some chicks. It could have been a lot worse.

Husband and I called Quality Supply in Missoula "The Dangerous Place" because they have tons of stuff we both could use -- including Fuzzy Butts!!!
lol.png

I've only resisted the call twice while I was there.
hide.gif

I have too many chicks already. I only know that I'm getting Barnevelders from a breeder when I get back from my trip and somewhere between 8 and 10 of the current crop are destined for the butcher.
roll.png

Well, I had to go pick them up Saturday b/c FIL wanted to go to the gun show in Gillette instead of going to South Dakota...

Soooo, MIL, DS (10) DD (8) and myself went to pick up my 4 chicks...

Came home with my 4, an additional 2 (couldn't leave them by themselves), 5 goslings, and a promise to DS that we will get turkeys next year..

Lost one chick last night (it had one eye that wouldn't open, the other hardly opened) it never ate or drank
sad.png

Lost one gosling the first night, but I think it was week, it's wings were droopy and would never lift them up...

Back
Top Bottom