How to gut a guinea (or any bird, really)

I would love for this thread to be a sticky. I'm glad it's been helpful so far and hope it will continue to help folks down the line.

Thanks.

I want to add: I scaled the last batch at 147 to 150 for 45 seconds and there was a HUGE difference in ease of picking. I could strip a bird, including most the pin feathers, in a few minutes and many came away without pulling (just pressed my hand down the skin). If I was a little slow or there was an area that wasn't as easy I just dunked the bird for another 20-30 seconds. Sooo much easier.

We have a new sticky thread
smile.png
I haven't been around long enough to know what threads are helpful, but ya'll can nominate them of course.

I'm just hanging around out of general interest since all my birds are now in freezer camp.
hmm.png

Maybe in the spring I can get a few pet silkies or some dual purpose birds and order a dozen guinea eggs. The coop is mighty empty right now.

perchie.girl :

Quote:
Absolutely no questions at all. I have seen other demos done on Chickens but this was the most educational. Thanks soo much.

Deb, drive up here and help me butcher/process a buncha birds... I promise I'll send you home with a freezer full!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Yay!!!

Uh oh Fenika... I started pricing new freezers, Camp time for my troops is coming up pretty soon I think, lol.

Last edited:
Those obnoxious cocks and some innocent bystanders are doomed
wink.png
I look forward to hearing how it went!

clap.gif
I'd love to get/eat guineas down the line! Thank you so much for sharing such a wonderful video. You are very easy to listen to and you're very well informed!!!!! You make me wish I saved the chicken livers from when I processed my birds.

Back
Top Bottom