how to hatch female quail?

puyuhsegar

In the Brooder
9 Years
May 30, 2010
Gelang Patah
I raised quail just for eggs and usually whenever I incubated certain number of eggs I will get only 50% of female, example, if I put 1000 eggs usually I will get almost 50% female and the rest of it I will sell at cost price whenever they reach 30 days old.

Is there any way to set 1000eggs and getting 70-90% female? I know in turtle hatchery they will get more male if they decrease the incubator temperature to 28deg and they will get more female if they increase the temp to 30deg.

I raised quail just for eggs and usually whenever I incubated certain number of eggs I will get only 50% of female, example, if I put 1000 eggs usually I will get almost 50% female and the rest of it I will sell at cost price whenever they reach 30 days old.

Is there any way to set 1000eggs and getting 70-90% female? I know in turtle hatchery they will get more male if they decrease the incubator temperature to 28deg and they will get more female if they increase the temp to 30deg.
birds don't work the same way as reptiles, sorry. It's 50/50 typically.

Good to know ... My first set of quail out of 12, 5 hatched and it looks like there is only one male.

I guess I lucked out with my first batch, I got 17 females and 12 males. I'll probably get one or two females next time!

I guess I lucked out with my first batch, I got 17 females and 12 males. I'll probably get one or two females next time!

It can happen, but over the long haul, I expect you'll come closer to 60/40 roo/hen.

Does anyone know whether gender is set from formation of the egg or is it determined during incubation?

I've always felt it was set at the laying.

It can happen, but over the long haul, I expect you'll come closer to 60/40 roo/hen.

Does anyone know whether gender is set from formation of the egg or is it determined during incubation?

I've always felt it was set at the laying.
it is similar to a human embryo, the gender is genetically determined as soon as the sperms impregnated the ova.

Back
Top Bottom