How to hatch peacock eggs

OMG, didn't know that a peahen leaves her nest every 3 to 4 days. i have duck and chicken eggs in with my peacock and i turn them 2 times a day and i thought that hatching peafowl is like hatching a duck eggs only harder. (but wow everything you guys are saying about hatching peafowl eggs i am not sure if i what to start again.
i got my peafowl eggs from a Friend, he just said oh i heard that you hatch eggs and he just gave me the egg. so i was like oh wow a peacock egg, what fun it's going to be to hatch. i am really sad that my egg is dead
sad.png

Like everything else, it's the lesson learned that we must take away from the experience.

Well here I go, jumping right in with some peacock and guinea eggs from a friend, been hatching chickens, ducks and geese with fairly good rates, wondering if there's anything special for peacocks I need to know regarding incubating them. I know if I get some to hatch they'll need a "tutor" so I have some bantams set for a week before so I can be sure they're sturdy before I need them as "tutors" =) I also have a completely enclosed brooder and will be working on the coop probably next week because I 'll be putting it farther out and upwind from the chickens and waterfowl with probably at least double size because I plan to not move them from there till they have set they're own eggs and I want to make sure they have enough room as adults =)

My neighbor gave me 6 of his peahen eggs to try and incubate. I'm using a Brinsea mini. I'm on day 10 and so far the development looks great. See movement in each egg. Air cells look good. Around what day do they usually quit on?? If all are alive at day 10, can on count on a few making it to lockdown? Thanks and good luck to the others!

My neighbor gave me 6 of his peahen eggs to try and incubate. I'm using a Brinsea mini. I'm on day 10 and so far the development looks great. See movement in each egg. Air cells look good. Around what day do they usually quit on?? If all are alive at day 10, can on count on a few making it to lockdown? Thanks and good luck to the others!

I have no idea =/ but I would assume that anything could happen just like with any other eggs. All we can do is provide the proper environment and hope for the best =)
I have my first set of peacock eggs set and I think it's going well (broke my candler) but I came here hoping some more experienced peeps chime in =)

Good luck to both of you! I have no advice to give other than to talk to people with experience hatching peas.

-Kathy

I have no idea =/ but I would assume that anything could happen just like with any other eggs. All we can do is provide the proper environment and hope for the best =)
I have my first set of peacock eggs set and I think it's going well (broke my candler) but I came here hoping some more experienced peeps chime in =)

What day are your pea eggs on?

Back
Top Bottom