how to import stock from europe?

Boggy Bottom Bantams

Crowing
11 Years
Mar 9, 2008
Hahira, GA
Hi,
I recently for some extrodinary bantams with a friends help threw a germany website.
My question is, have any of you ever imported birds from other countries, and if so, what all is involved?
I 'm preety sure you still have to have them USDA quarentined for a month, and have an import /export license, but am not sure. Have any of you ever had , or know some one who has had dealings with this topic?
Thanks

The USDA has some restrictions on the importation of animals. Google them. I thought about buying some hatching eggs from a Spanish company a few years ago. The paperwork was mind boggling. I gave up on it. You might have more patience than me.

Good Luck,

Rufus

Thanks,
Yep I knew it was going to be ruff, just wasnt sure how ruff.
I found some d'anver colors over there that are just mind blowingly beautiful and as always... they are over seas only, so I'm gone try, but not sure how far we'll get either/
Aubrey

can we see pics of them?
big_smile.png

OH Lord yeah.
Steven Palmer gave me the link to look at them as he is helping me get as many colors as I can, we're up to about 10 now when they all come in.
As beautiful as the US lines and colors are they dont hold a candle to some of the odd colors here in this German site.
Over there he says d'Anvers are bigger than O.E. bantams are here with thousands showing up in every show.
When you get on the site, it is all in German, so you have to go to the center line of clicky things, look for the one something a nother ... galorie.
iT;S RIGHT IN THE CENTER OF THE TOP OF THE PAGE.
Click it, then look for the British flag, click it and you will get some english then, Then look to the left margine and it will have a list of the German standard colors and non standard colors, some 27 or so of them!
Start clicking and get ready, It'll make you sick if you like d'anvers!

The ones we now have or will soon have are
silver quail, blue quial, quail, splash, black, white, self blue, cuckoo, blue cuckoo, porcelains, millie fluer,and mottled, with a couple more ordered for the fall 09.
Try the link and enjoy!
Aubrey

http://www.antwerpener-bartzwerge.de/

I really know nothing about animal importation, but pass on the below in case it helps.

When I was bicycle-touring in Germany and Holland a couple of summers ago, and then came back through customs - I filled out the paperwork honestly -- that I had been on farms, etc. (The bike touring routes went on farm roads.) There were a couple of checkboxes I checked. Despite this, the customs officer focused purely on the fact that I had a duty-free shopping bag with cheeses and tulip bulbs purchased at the airport. The big yellow shopping bag was his key to my being a tourist - and all was OK. Quite honestly, I probably should have scrubbed off my bike touring tires and shoes - but they did not ask that. Hopefully, riding around on the streets of Amsterdam for a week at the end of the trip wore off any farm soil.

If you wanted to make a trip to Germany and attempt to bring back some eggs - answer all the paperwork honestly and take the advance paperwork - the worst that might happen would be to lose them at the airport (and you would have had a trip to Germany). It might be easier if you are there yourself, vs. having them shipped?

They can't quarantine eggs for a month, right (except in an incubator?).
smile.png

Last edited:
Yall both are most likly right.
This is probley just wishful thinking!
There is a lady, I found in the Atlanta area that imports stock a lot, but I cant get in touch with her. I'm going to keep trying though.
Thanks
Aubrey

O.M.G. that website is freaking luscious. It is beautiful and - may I add- beautifully designed and beautifully fnctional. I want the birchen. Lord have mercy.

Back
Top Bottom