How to Incubate Peahen Eggs?

Update: I only had two peacock eggs one was infertile the other pipped today day 26 and is still currently trying to zip. By the looks of it he may be hatched by tonight or tomorrow morning! If goes successful this will be my first peafowl! :wee

Congratulations I am also a new peachick owner as of 19 days ago. They love to be held alot. And I have found he goes to sleep on my chest if you cover his eyes with cupped hands. They love meal worm.

Attachments

• IMG_20180608_092145.jpg
    IMG_20180608_092145.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 3
Congratulations I am also a new peachick owner as of 19 days ago. They love to be held alot. And I have found he goes to sleep on my chest if you cover his eyes with cupped hands. They love meal worm.
How long did it take for yours to get up and walking because mines feet are still curled and haven't really flattened to where he can walk?

I left mine alone in the incubator from 8.30 pm to 6 am after hatching . Then put him in box with a brooder so he could move around more. Gave him some game starter crumbs and put water on my finger and dropped it into his beak. He seemed to straighten out after that but his claws were also curled up for a bit. I also put him on a non slip surface or they can get splayed legs .Hope that helps.

I like the story of the girl who got an egg given to her so she made an incubator out of a heat lamp a bunch of towels and a kiddie pool of some sort and the darn thing hatched a male and follows her everywhere she goes

Back
Top Bottom