How to kill Cigarette Stink?

To me, it's one of the worst smells in the world. Every time we'd visit family, we'd come home and fumigate the suitcases and clothes. It does get into everything. My late MIL's rice bag for microwaving is a great thing...since I got that awful smell out. Had to un-sew it, wash the bag then put new rice in it. AND Febreeze'd it, too.

The first few sprayings we did while the matresses were in the garage. We sprayed with the big doors open and came inside. When we did finally bring it in the house and had to change sheets we would spray it with Febreeze open the bedroom windows, turn on the ceiling fan and close the doors. Once the mattress cover was back on it was ok.

Oh and the sheets she gave us for the bed..... I had to run them through the washer 3 times to get the stink out.

Last edited:
This is going to sound weird, I know, but try coffee. Seriously, put an open container of coffee right out of the can inside the purse and let it sit. The coffee asorbs the smoke smell.

Back when I smoked, I used to keep a bowl of coffee in my car to cut the smoke smell. Really worked. (long as I didn't take any corners on 2 wheels!
gig.gif
)

I have baking soda in the purse, right now. A dish of baking soda, sitting in the bag. I will leave it until morning. If I am not happy with the results, I will try coffee. I LOVE the smell of coffee, so no problemo!
Thanks, everyone.

Good luck getting the smell out.

Cigarette smoke sticks to everything; it's why I hate going into bowling alleys, bars and my grandma's house.
roll.png
As soon as I get home, I head straight to the shower to get the stench out of my hair. Peeeee-yew!

Try scent away--- hunters use it to not stink comes in spray bottle it will take sent away.

Back
Top Bottom