How to kill Cigarette Stink?

BayCityBabe

Songster
11 Years
May 1, 2008
My mom is a chain smoker. I am allergic to smoke; can't sleep at her house. My BIG problem is she is killing herself (smoking AND on oxygen). Y'all can't help me with that.
My LITTLE problem - hope you can help - is that she gave me a gorgeous purse for Christmas and it REEKS. It is canvas with leather trim. I have tried airing it out. I have tried Febreeze. I tried putting it in a padded pillowcase with a couple dryer sheets and cooking it in the dryer for 40 minutes. No dice. What can I do? Any ideas?

I've had to sit things outside in the sun for a week after spraying them down with Febreeze. See if that might work for you if you can get the weather to cooperate.

I'm watching for a good idea too, my son got in trouble at school because the jacket he left at my mom's smelled so strongly he was accused of smoking at school. He's never smoked, he's like me and hates it!

We had a housefire once and the whole place smelled so badly of acrid smoke that we could barely walk in the door. This little kid down the road came over and told us that his grandma used baking soda after a fire like that. So we bought 7 large boxes and put it in bowls all over the house. The living room was burned quite badly and we had to repaint some rooms but the smell went away in 24 hours...no kidding! I didn't even have to empty the closets...just put baking soda bowls in them

Put the purse in a plastic bag with a gold bar of dial soap and let it sit for a couple of days.

My mom is the same way and she gave our daughter her bed. My daughter and I both have mild asthma. We put the mattresses on their sides in the garage for a month, sprayed them heavily with Lysol, then a couple of times with Febreeze. Then we bought a plastic mattress cover to put over the top mattress. The box no longer smells but when we change her sheets we have to spray the top mattress down again. When the cover is on there's no smell.

Back
Top Bottom