how to make friends

Discussion in 'Website Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by wildroseranch, Aug 15, 2008.

1. wildroseranch

wildroseranch New Egg

Aug 15, 2008
    Blessing, TX
    if you can't put your email address on the forum how do you contact someone you are interested in talking to. There is a person on the forum we are interested in talking to about purchasing or where to purchase utility pigeons but have no way of contacting them

2. flakey chick

flakey chick Chillin' With My Peeps

May 3, 2007
    Florida
    Click on the PM link under their name to send them a private message. If their box is full, you can post to have them pm you.

3. spook

spook Chillin' With My Peeps

You can write anything on a link, but do you want your email out there. When someone leaves a message in this site, you see over to the far left my name, where I am located and below that "email" and "PM". Click on one of those 2 choices and keep in mind that when you email someone, they now have your email address to respond to. As for a PM you click on that and then you leave them a BYC online message that they can press "reply" to and send a message to you. Also, if you want to go talk online in the BYC there is a chat that frequently is with a very few people at certain times a day.
    Good luck!

4. DuckLady

DuckLady ~~~Administrator~~~BYC Store Support Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    One more thing to remember..
    If you don't see the email link or any other method of contact, please respect that. It means they don't want to be contacted through the forum. It could mean also that they don't know how to enable those features., but better safe than sorry.

5. ticks

ticks Pheasant Obsessed

Apr 1, 2008
    The Sticks, Vermont
    Quote:Messenger Pigeons [​IMG]
    Nope, use the PM

6. injunjoe

injunjoe Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 1, 2008
    Pasco county, FL.
    [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by