How to make misting system? (for dummies)

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by new 2 pfowl, May 23, 2016.

1. new 2 pfowl

new 2 pfowl Overrun With Chickens

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Hello you guys,
    I just can't find the posts here about how to make a misting system for indoor pens. I know you did this @KsKingBee , and that it wasn't complicated, and some others have them too. Can someone let me know how you did it?
    (I should say that this isn't for peas but for some rehabilitating wild birds [​IMG])

2. KsKingBee

KsKingBee Overrun With Chickens

Am I someone? Perhaps you remember my post and how I did it, if not I will gladly look up those pics for you.

3. new 2 pfowl

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Hi there Someone! [​IMG]

You are definitely the Someone I remembered posting about this, but I can't find where you described how you did it!

4. KsKingBee

Okay, it was from mid-August of 2014, I'll find the pics and write up something this evening when I have more time.

5. new 2 pfowl

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Thank you @KsKingBee ! [​IMG]
    I don't want to give you more work - Now that I have an idea of when this happened, I may be able to find the info. Let me see what I can do before you spend time on this!

6. KsKingBee

Not a problem. Well maybe a small one. I took new photos today but we are having a severe thunderstorm and the satellite dish is down. Maybe in the morning.

7. KsKingBee

Not a difficult project as you have noted. Basic plumbing glued joints, I started with a garden hose fitting at the bottom so it would drain out for the winter and to keep dirt from getting in and clogging the nozzles.

[​IMG]

I drilled the couplers and screwed the misters in without glue so they could be removed for cleaning if they get clogged, and with our high mineral water it is a distinct possibility.

[​IMG]

I placed the misters about every three feet under a shade cover and about 30 inches above the roosts.

[​IMG]

Sorry I don't have a pic of them in use, it didn't get hot enough to need them last year like it did the year before.

8. JiltdRoyalty

JiltdRoyalty Out Of The Brooder

Apr 11, 2016
    Wichita, Kansas
    Nice build! Another option is Sam's Club. I bought a couple sets for $9.99 each.

9. KsKingBee

SCA? V'tavia?

10. new 2 pfowl

Jan 13, 2012
    California
    Sorry for the delayed response @KsKingBee , and a hearty Thank You for the great pictures and excellent explanation!
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    Very much appreciated!

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by